Saturday, July 24, 2010

Veggie Soup by Kathleen


The Plan
Prep veggies.
Make soup.

The Ingredients
64 oz Fat Free Chicken Broth
3 oz Celery, rough chopped
5 oz Carrot, rough chopped
5 oz Green Beans
3 oz Red Onion, diced
4 oz Edamame, shelled
10 oz frozen Corn kernels, defrosted
10 oz Green Cabbage, shredded
1 1/2 cups Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans
43 oz Tomatoes, Diced, canned

The Method
Combine all ingredients in a (very) large sauce pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer. Stirring occasionally, simmer for one hour, or until vegetables are tender.

Yield: 4 quarts
Points: 6 per quart. Yep, I said per Quart!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hey there little miss competitive. Hmmmm... who's in the lead now ?!!?!?

Kate said...

What can I say? The closest thing I have to a man in my life right now is my elliptical machine!