Friday, July 9, 2010

"That's how the Sweeds do it."

I spent just about a week over vacation visiting family. In the Midwest. And you know what that means.

Last year I shared with all of you some of the Midwestern culinary delights that I grew up with. I have a couple more to share, but you have promise NOT to judge.

Up first: my Grandmother's version of a Waldorf Salad.

Spring Mix. Gigantic Marshmellows, quartered. Sliced Almonds. Dried Cranberries. Blueberries. And, of course, Mayonnaise.

So wrong....yet so right. I was on my second bite when I realized what the dressing was for the dinner salad. I think I giggled and hollered "Mayo! I have to put this on the blog!". When my aunt looked over, giggled herself, and reported, "Just tell them that's how the Sweeds do it!".

Tomorrow: Ham Loaf. I'm not kidding.




I was also hanging with the newest member of the Kate's Kitchen clan the whole week. Is this going to be an awesome Chica, or what?


No comments: