Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Johnny's Fillin' Station

When I moved into my new place last year, (actually, a year ago this weekend!) I moved to a whole new side of town. I've lived in many hoods in Orlando: Winter Park, College Park, MetroWest, Downtown, Colonial Town, and now SODO. Each location has their benefits (well, maybe except MetroWest), but by far I LOVE living in SODO. The neighborhood is quaint and there are some great restaurants in the area.

Such as Johnny's Fillin' Station. Holy Hamburgers, Batman.

Known for their burgers, Johnny's is a true Orlando favorite. These are colossal burgers made with 1/2 pound of beef. My usual is The Mini...a 1/4 pound burger. Because, really, I don't need to eat a 1/2 pound of beef. But, because I knew that this entry was long overdue, I strayed from the norm and got the Texas Toast Melt. (The things I do for this blog.) I literally forgot to take a picture because I couldn't wait to eat. So picture this: Texas Toast, a 1/2 pound of beef and Thousand Island Dressing. Yum. I even had to eat it with a knife and fork. And I ate the WHOLE thing. Which is why I usually order the Mini.

We also split a side of the freaky huge Onions Rings. One other suggestion: if you're a fan of corn, get the Corn Nuggets appetizer. Basically fried Creamed Corn dusted with powdered sugar. I've only let myself have these little nuggets once. Because they are soooo bad, yet soooo good.

Johnny's also has a fun rockin biker bar atmosphere going for it. If you're into that kinda thing. It can be on the loud side, and if you're a sports fan, there are TVs everywhere. Whatever. It's a great neighborhood joint that will certainly fill your burger quota.


Johnny's Fillin' Station on Urbanspoon

No comments: