Wednesday, May 12, 2010

White Wolf Cafe

Stopped by White Wolf the other night for a quick mid-week bite before heading over to OMA for First Thursdays. I hadn't been in quite some time-I think I got a bit White Wolfed-out.

If you've never been, WW is one of my favorite spots for outdoor dining, but they also have a cool interior atmosphere as well. We sat inside because the freaky hot afternoon soon was beating down on the patio, but it turns out it was just as bright inside. A few minutes after sitting at our table I was literally blinded by the light that was pouring in the windows. No biggie. Our server was super nice and moved us to a new table quickly.

My dinner buddy and myself decided to be wild and crazy and split two chicken sandwiches for dinner. The Grilled Double Breasted Chicken Sandwich was ok....but not great. Served with avocado, lettuce, bacon, tomato and your choice of swiss of bleu, it was a bit dry with not enough of our chosen swiss.

The better sammy was the Our New Riviera Grilled Sandwich. Even though the name is ridiculous, the sandwich is not. Chicken, goat cheese, tomato and pesto served on rye bread. This one was tasty sandwich.

We also split a nice bottle of Verdelho. The wine list is kinda odd, but I was pleased to see this option. They also have a great happy hour...but keep in mind you have to sit at the bar to partake in the savings.


White Wolf Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: