Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Makers on a Monday


I got a last minute invite yesterday to head over to the premier party of the new Maker's Mark product called 46. I'm usually not a big bourbon drinker (and when I say "not a a big drinker" that's pretty much code for "Uck. Not a fan".) but yikes did I have two delicious cocktails last night.

The big hooey about this product is the newly complex aging process. The 46 is aged as usual in barrel, but after full maturity it is removed, whereas the distillers then place ten oak "staves" into the original barrel. The bourbon is placed back in and aged for a few more months. What does this give us? A higher proof of 94. (47% abv) And if you ask me, a much smoother product with less of the alcohol flavor and aroma.

Here's what I drank:
Bourbon Crusta
2 pts Maker's 46 Bourbon
1/2 pt Cointreau
1/2 pt Maraschino
1/2 pt fresh Lemon Juice
dash Angostura Bitters

Citrus Breeze*
Maker's 46 Bourbon
Cointreau
Ginger Ale
Lemon slice

*I have no idea about the ratio for this drink. They lady in line in front of me ordered it. So I asked for the same. It was super refreshing!

**Also, don't judge. I walked into this event having 10 WW points left for the day. Plus 3 activity points.

No comments: