Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mucho Tequila and Tacos

Before you read on, I have to admit something. I do not drink Tequila. Tequila makes me crazy. And not in a "Woo Hoo! Kate is sooo wild and crazy!!!" kinda way.

That being said, I recently met up with some friends for a pre-birthday celebration at Mucho Tequila and Tacos. I had a blast (even without partaking in the aforementioned spirit). This place is really just about the ambiance and atmosphere. Located downtown, Mucho must've put down some serious money for decor. It was hip, rough and urban all at the same time.

I wish I could be just as positive about the food. It was.....average. If even. I tried two tacos: the Mexican (queso fresco, onion and salsa verde with chicken) and the Drunken Shrimp (tequila and chile glazed shrimp, serrano pico de gallo, onion and lime sour cream). Both sound fantastic in theory but were rather bland and boring. And considering that clothing/apparel are listed before their menu on their website, I have a feeling that they might not put all their effort into the cuisine.

I'm sure I'll be back, really just to have a couple of drinks and hang with some friends. I should probably mention at this point that the restaurant was very loud. As in "What did you say?!?" loud. So don't head over if you are looking for a quiet dinner. Or if you're the designated driver for the evening.

PS They also have a food challenge on their menu. Eat all of the Mucho Caliente appetizer (three deep fried haberno peppers) by yourself and you get a free t-shirt. One warning: even though it's not listed on the menu, the peppers have hot sauce in the middle (!!). And NO I did not try this challenge! I think eating three habernos would possibly make me more crazy than tequila does.

Here's a picture of AG's Mr. Woolheater just before he took the challenge. He won. But he didn't talk for about ten minutes after:




Mucho Tequila and Tacos on Urbanspoon

No comments: