Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ceviche and The Dessert Lady Revisted.

I'm still detoxing from my birthday-party-weekend.

Friday night was an old school tribute in many ways. We started off the night at Ceviche. Because I wanted to. (And yes, it feels good to say that.) I've been a happy camper with Ceviche. The restaurant is super cool, and although I've never been to Spain, this is pretty much how I imagine it to be. Here's my big issue. I had a realization that I could probably go for dinner, order only the Patatas Bravas and be good. I love this side dish way too much. I'm not the biggest potato lover, but these little potato wedges coated in a spicy Aioli make me go all gooey inside.

We also shared a variety of other tapas: The Filetito (Tenderloin with Onions and Peppers), Tabla de Quesos (Cheese Plate that included an amazing Blue Cheese and Quince paste), Gambas Romesco (large Shrimp in a spicy Romesco Sauce which, for the record, is not nearly as good as mine), and the Fritura de Mariscos (basically a giant plate of fried Fish, Shrimp and Calamari. The only let down of the evening.). This sounds like a crazy amount of food, but remember-this is a Tapas restaurant! Small plates galore!

We also enjoyed a bottle of 2008 Muga Rosado-a fantastic dry Rose blend of Garnacha, Viura and Tempranillo. If you are a fan of Roses, I have good news. I think we're really on the cusp of a huge influx of Roses from Spain and even Southern France. I encourage you to explore-my personal favorite is the Garnacha grape, otherwise known as the Grenache in France. Dry and fruity, these are always a hit during our freaklishly hot Florida summers.

Skipping out on the Spanish dessert options, we headed across the street to the indulgent Dessert Lady. Again, because I wanted to. We split a bottle of Prosecco (which, for the life of me I cannot remember the producer. I'm lame. But this kinda stuff happens when I drink Sparkling Wine.) and a slice of my favorite Peanut Butter Pie. Seriously, the ultimate, over the top indulgence. But whatever, you only turn 34 once.

The evening was capped off with a few games at the History Museum and their quarterly Retro Game Night. I won our single game of Clue during my third turn. But I seriously lost at Operation. Again, I'll blame the Prosecco.


CevĂ­che Tapas Bar & Restaurant on Urbanspoon

The Dessert Lady on Urbanspoon

No comments: