Friday, June 11, 2010

Brunch at HUE

Bloody Marys and Tater Tots. With a side of Whoopie Pie Cake.

I celebrated my actual birthday this year with the fam at HUE for brunch. I'd had a party the night before at my house, and even contemplated being an ass and reviewing my own party. But I realized that in doing so I would quickly start writing about decor and paint colors, and who really wants to read that anyway.

When it comes to HUE, I rarely have any complaints. For all of my experiences at this restaurant, I've always had consistently good food and service. While having that "Urban" environment feel, I've never felt uncomfortable at all while dining there.

And then there's the infamous Bloody Mary bar. I'm not gonna lie. I had two of the make your own cocktails before 12:30pm on my 34th birthday. That's right. Two. Each with Horseradish, Olives and extra Lime Juice.

I also seriously enjoyed the Steak and Eggs. Two perfectly cooked Filet Medallions, Scrambled Eggs and Tater Tots. (Urgh. After typing that sentence I just realized I've had red meat THREE times in the past week. Filet Sunday, Flank last night and Filet again today for lunch at work. Guess next week is going to be Seafood Week.)

After brunch we headed over to my place after for some left over Whoopie Pie Cake and to discuss my new paint colors.

And thus ends the birthday celebration of 2010. And the illustrious Whoopie Pie Cake.


Hue Restaurant on Urbanspoon

No comments: