Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Black Bottom Cupcakes


Remember these from your childhood? My mom used to make the minis every year at Christmas…Along with a plethora of cookies we gorged ourselves on every year (Pizelles being my fav!).

I heard some P&B students talking about these last week, and well, then I really really wanted one. So I did what any responsible girl on a diet would do, I made a batch for a client, took two for myself, and left the rest for them!

I also made a very abbreviated version…using “Pre-measured Dry Ingredients”!

Black Bottom Cupcakes

1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix (+ whatever ingredients listed on the back of the box)
8 oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Make cake batter according to the directions on the back of the box.

In a separate bowl combine cream cheese, sugar and egg. Beat until mixture is smooth, with no lumps. Add chocolate chips.

Line muffin tins with liners, or spray well with cooking spray.

Fill the muffin tins about 2/3 full with the chocolate mixture. Add about 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture on top. Bake according to the directions on the box. Cupcakes will be done when the cream cheese mixture just starts to barely brown on top.

Tip:
To do minis, follow all directions, but just bake for less time!

No comments: