Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Skinny on Us Update

I sat down with The Skinny on Us girls over the weekend for a yummy three bottle of wine lunch at Houstons. We laugh, cried, and above all talked about the ups and downs of our new eating lifestyles. Here are some updates and tips.

Michelle raves and recommends to all the wonders of Greek Yogurt. (I couldn't agree more!) Mix one ounce of the yogurt and some powered Ranch dressing mix to make a zero point dip for veggies. Oh, and she's obsessed with Melba toast.

Kathleen is thrilled to be verrrry close to her 10 pound loss for her trip home to the Windy City over Labor Day. And to be wearing a skirt that she hasn't worn since before the first pregnancy!

My tip: Are you hungry enough to eat fruit? If you're on the couch or in front of the computer and feel like snacking, ask yourself this. Trust me, it works. The first time I went with this philosophy, I got my lazy ass off the couch and cut up an orange. And heck if it wasn't the best damn orange I'd ever had. Sweet and juicy, it really brought all this "healthy lifestyle" stuff home. And, as Kathleen would say, No one ever got fat eating fruit.

And if I still feel like snacking after eating fruit, I knit. Homemade dishrag anyone?

No comments: