Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Insomnia


About 3:30am this morning, I had a significant realization. I really really feel for people that have insomnia. In some odd mixture of cold medicine and switching back to mornings, sleep was nowhere to be seen. I finally gave up and watched reruns of Roseanne. After I called into work, I managed to get a few hours and then cooked for a client later in the afternoon. That being said, I’m not up for too much of an entry tonight but here’s a little something:

This is my great-grandmother’s recipe for a cooked salad dressing. Add it to peanuts and it’s my childhood peanut butter. Add it to potato salad fixings and you have a lovely salad. My brother brought up the recipe during our day of drinking last Saturday (and you wonder why I have a head cold). But more on that later.

Cooked Salad Dressing
2 eggs
½ tsp salt
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
¾ cup water
½ cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
½ tsp mustard
12 oz crushed peanuts (or potatoes)

Combine eggs through mustard in a sauce pan. Cook on medium heat until thick (coats the back of a spoon), stirring constantly.
Add to peanuts or potato salad goodies.

I know this seems odd, but trust me on this one!

No comments: